Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ever After and Audrey Hepburn

Ever After:

"I am visiting a cousin" - Danielle
"Who" - Prince Henry
"My cousin" - Danielle
"Yes you said that, which one?" - Prince Henry
"The only one I have, sire" - Danielle

"You will marry Gabriella by the next full moon or I will strike at you in any way I can" - King Francis
"What's it to be father, hot oil or the rack" - Prince Henry
"I will simply, deny you the crown and, live... forever!" - King Francis

Audrey Hepburn films:

"I plan to enter her sick room disguised as a thermometer" - Joe, Roman Holiday

"I can't even hear myself think, and I'm trying to think in French!" - Maggie, Funnyface

"Dick, have you gone out of your mind?!" - Jo
"We'll talk about that later!" - Dick, pulling her out of the cafe

"I get it; she put herself in your place, so if you put yourself in her place then you're bound to run into each other in somebody's place!" - Maggie, to Dick, about Jo

1 comment:

Hazelnut said...

Hmm... yeah didn't really think about difficulty understanding it, lol. Jo is very into empathy, she got upset - she's in love with Dick - thinking that Dick didn't love her, and so she went to a special place (for them), Dick went looking for her, And so Maggie told Dick she'd gone somewhere. Then said this quote. So he realised when she'd gone. Well I suppose it's easier if you've seen the film lol